Distance from point to plane
Determine: Distance from point to plane.
Given: Quadrilateral EBCD and point A.
Coordinate value table.
We have already determined the distance from a point to a plane only by the method of a right triangle. In this video lesson, we also define the distance from a point to a plane only by the method of replacing the planes of projections.
The solution of problems on descriptive geometry I produce in the automated design system AutoCAD and AutoCAD 3D. This training will allow you to develop spatial thinking and consolidate the possession of AutoCAD.
- We transform the plane of general position of the quadrilateral EBCD into the plane front-projecting.
- We construct a new axis of projections X14 perpendicular to the horizontal of the plane of the quadrilateral EBCD.
- We remove the coordinate для for the plane Π1 from the plane Π2.
The perpendicular A4K4 is the distance from the point to the plane, because it is projected into a segment of natural size.
Using communication lines, we build a perpendicular to the plane of the quadrilateral EBCD. On the plane П1 we take the coordinate Z from the plane П4.
More details in the video tutorial on descriptive geometry in AutoCAD
Recommend to viewing:
- Distance from point to plane - Perpendicular to plane.
- Intersection of planes - Intersection of two perpendicular planes.
Video "Distance from a point to a plane (Russian)"
This video tutorial and article are included in the professional free self-instruction manual AutoCAD, which is suitable for both novice users and those already working in AutoCAD.